Wednesday, October 9, 2024

MINOR SUPER-VILLAIN 636: THE SERPENT LADY

(Fantastic Comics 012, 1940)


We open on Mephisto, the Dreaded Poison Serpent, attacking a small boat and making off with its inhabitants. For a split second I am excited - maybe this is our long-sought criminal animal! - but then I remember the lessons I learned from Cephalopoda the Octopus and rein myself in.

And it's a good thing I did, for Mephisto is a mere tool of the mysterious Serpent Lady, who lives in a golden city in an undersea cave and rules over a population of bald creeps who need blood to live. Maybe? It's possible that they just like blood. Either way, this is why she has been using her cool snake to kidnap surface dwellers: their delicious blood.



Sub Saunders will not stand for blood theft in his god-given ocean. He slays Mephisto and a fair few bald-headed creeps but leaves the Serpent Lady alive and at liberty. Will she be returning? I read ahead a bit and yes she will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MINOR SUPER-VILLAIN 643: THE MASTER

(Fight Comics 003, 1940) Kinks Mason is back on the case! And just what sub-oceanic mystery is he attempting to solve by just wandering arou...