Sunday, December 11, 2022

MINOR SUPER-VILLAIN 221: PROFESSOR KYLL/ MINOR SUPER-HERO 023: TRIX

(Doc Savage Comics v1 004, 1941)



Professor Kyll is your regular-style scientist who develops a working humanoid robot and immediately starts thinking in terms of world conquest. My eyes might have glazed over and completely missed him if not for the fact that in the very same town was another scientist, a benevolent one, working on a humanoid robot made of rubber!

Now, Flexo the Rubber Man has not come up on this here blog yet because I've fallen behind on my Golden Age Marvel reading but know ye this: I love me a weird rubber robot and am absolutely thrilled that there are two of them, even if poor Trix here never made a second appearance as far as I can tell. It's enough that they existed and beat the tar out of Kyll's metal guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MINOR SUPER-VILLAIN 632: THE BOSS

(Fantastic Comics 012, 1940) The Boss is actually Roulf, editor of the Daily Standard newspaper in NYC. He pulls the classic villain mistake...