Saturday, July 16, 2022

MINOR SUPER-VILLAIN 074: DR TOGG

(Adventure Comics 057, 1940)


Yet another Hourman science-villain. Dr Togg was really into hybridizing dogs and buzzards in various fun ways. Such a cool guy was he, in fact, that he was brought back as an ancillary character in the 90s Hourman series, himself mutated into a partial dog/buzzard in a retconned final encounter with Hourman before he was sent to prison.

Thinking about him (and fellow Hourman foe Iker in about 50 entries or so), has made me realize just how much I love the concept of the reformed mad scientist with their struggles to comprehend scientific ethics and their weird little mutations and leftover minions. A few recent Marvel series have featured the concept but I would still consider it to be underutilized.

There's our guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BIG-TIME ANNOUNCEMENT

It had to happen, and now it has: I made a real-deal website, aka a Wordpress blog that is as close to this as possible. Find it at theskele...