Saturday, July 23, 2022

MINOR SUPER-VILLAIN 088: THE BLACK-ROBED MAN

(Blue Beetle Comics 004, 1940)


It's fairly unsupported right now as the only other example of a crossdressing villain so far is the Coin, but trust me when I say that an older woman adopting a younger male identity for crime is a comparative rarity as compared to the opposite. I may find myself compelled to note all of the times that non-super gangster types do it, just to lend weight to my claims.

Anyway, the Black-Robed Man. Runs a gang out of a house that is technically owned by her niece, which is how the Blue Beetle gets involved, helping the damsel who is being run out of her home by dastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MINOR SUPER-VILLAIN 632: THE BOSS

(Fantastic Comics 012, 1940) The Boss is actually Roulf, editor of the Daily Standard newspaper in NYC. He pulls the classic villain mistake...