The looming spectre of a grinning, skeletal Death is an important storytelling device in comics, and here at the Curse of Skeleton Munroe we celebrate skeletons and their contributions to society, and so I present a small collection of looming Deaths that will surely grow large with time (issue numbers in hover text):
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
BIG-TIME ANNOUNCEMENT
It had to happen, and now it has: I made a real-deal website, aka a Wordpress blog that is as close to this as possible. Find it at theskele...
-
Buncha fresh heroes here! Son of the Gods : Dr John Thesson, big tall archaeologist and 1940s arch-skeptic, has the misfortune to find hims...
-
(Silver Streak Comics 014, 1941) The Parson is a weird little dude who takes over a gang of opportunistic London-based looters who have been...
-
(Amazing-Man Comics 011, 1940) On the surface Drago seems to merely be a guy who looks like an evil cat and shoots his henchmen rather than ...
-
(Exciting Comics 009, 1941) Dr Zinn feels like a character who is somehow aware of my classification system and who is desperate not to be r...
-
(Action v1 017-018, 1939) There's a lot of ancient murder-cults in comics, and a lot of them are orientalist nonsense about primitive su...
-
I've highlighted some particular aliens before but what is this blog but an exercise in making note of every dang thing I come across. A...
-
(Blue Beetle Comics 003, 1940) A lot of these early Blue Beetle villains are real basic so I'm not even going to bother with the questio...
-
(N/A) This is perhaps the ultimate narrative football. At the very least it is in the running. Will there be more villains claiming credit f...










No comments:
Post a Comment