The looming spectre of a grinning, skeletal Death is an important storytelling device in comics, and here at the Curse of Skeleton Munroe we celebrate skeletons and their contributions to society, and so I present a small collection of looming Deaths that will surely grow large with time (issue numbers in hover text):
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
MINOR SUPER-VILLAIN 995: ORG
(Jungle Comics 015, 1941) Org is a fellow with a gift - the power to play the drums hypnotically - and also the knowledge of the location of...
-
I've heard of comics in the media, but media in comics ? Books : This book is only our second example of a piece of media called Crime D...
-
(Jungle Comics 013, 1941) The Vahines, aka the Tiger-Women of Wildmoon Mountain, have a plan: kill every other woman in the world, which wil...
-
(Jungle Comics 013, 1941) While searching for her champion Sir Champion (annoying thing to have to write and the main reason I'm happy t...
-
Among the many things that I have found interesting enough to keep track of over the years is just how many times super-heroes get wounded w...
-
Mostly a case of the Usual Suspects today here in the Real Person Round-Up , I'm afraid. Adolf Hitler : The bulk of the comic this panel...
-
(Jungle Comics 014, 1941) Zomax, the "demonized marine scientist," has a very over-the-top, Fletcher Hanks villain goal: to kill e...
-
A series of cautionary tales for budding young scientists. Orid Dass : Orid Dass is your standard jungle scientist: he's out there makin...
-
If there's one thing I know it's that the world has a seemingly-inexhaustible supply of odious little fascist worms. the All-America...







No comments:
Post a Comment